Years ago, advertising companies alone created and designed advertising campaigns. Now, thanks to the popularity of blogs and the Internet, there are plenty of ways consumers can become advertisers and make some good money doing so.
If you are looking for a way to make some extra money on the side, consider these ways you can make money advertising:
1. Sign up to have your car wrapped with advertising. If you drive a lot, live in an urban area and don’t mind having your car covered in an advertisement, you could make a few hundred dollars a month. Bankrate explains, “Drivers are paid an average of $700 to $900 per month, with campaigns usually running a few months long. Drivers use their own cars which are fitted with the wrap.”
2. Advertise on your face. This is probably the wackiest way to make money advertising, but two college graduates who were deep in student loan debt started selling advertisements on their faces. They generally published the advertisement on their cheek or forehead. They didn’t earn much at first, but now they are earning several hundred dollars per advertisement.
3. Create your own advertisements. Expo TV will pay people to create videos of themselves reviewing a product. For every video that you create, you earn points to be redeemed for gift cards, cash, or prizes. This would be a great job if you are a blogger who already routinely tries new products for review and giveaways. The only downside is that the companies will own the intellectual property on your video, which they can use in their advertising campaigns.
4. Review products on your blog. If you already have a blog and are doing reviews, you can sign up for a site like Review Me. Your blog will be added to a list of available blogs, and advertisers can choose you to review their product. You will likely get to keep the product and will make some cash for posting the review. (Some people make this even more profitable by selling the product on Craigslist or eBay after they are done with it.)
5. Sign up as an affiliate. Again, this one is ideal for bloggers. If you use a product that you would highly recommend, sign up for that product’s affiliate program and write about it naturally within your blog. If you already have followers who read your blog regularly, they are likely to value your opinion. If you let them know honestly what works for you, they may be willing to try the product, too, and you will get a commission for their purchase. Some bloggers such as Pat Flynn from Smart Passive Income Blog make tens of thousands of dollars a month with affiliate sales.
The days of a marketing or advertising firms creating all of the advertisements we see are long gone. Now, you can get a piece of the pie, so to speak, by advertising on your car or even your body. If you have a blog or are an active consumer, you can also make some money doing product reviews.
What are you waiting for? Start reviewing and advertising now for some easy income.